The Carroll County Housing Authority has once again teamed up with theRiver Bend FoodBank to sponsor Free Summer Meals for all of our local children and teens residing in Carroll County. These complimentary meals will be available to children 18 and under. The healthy and nutritious meals are being offered to children while school is out of session.
Distribution Days: Tuesday and Thursday
Dates: June 5 – August 9, 2018
Time: 11:30a.m. – 12:00p.m. (Distribution ends precisely @ Noon)
Location: Maple Lane Apartments (2101 Wacker Rd., Savanna, IL)
Note: Please notate the change in the meal distribution location this year(changed from Carroll Apartments to Maple Lane Apartments.) Thus, allowing meals to be served in the event of inclement weather (rain.)
Free Summer Meals are part of the Summer Food Service Program funded through the U.S. Department of Agriculture Food and Nutrition Service and is administered by the Illinois State Board of Education.
This is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer
BRIDGE DEDICATION & VETERANS MEMORIAL CELEBRATION
SATURDAY & SUNDAY, JUNE 16 & 17
The cities of Savanna, Illinois and Sabula, Iowa would like to invite you to attend and participate in the events that are currently planned to celebrate the dedication of the newly opened Dale Gardner Veterans Memorial Bridge.
An outstanding assortment of activities and events are being organized to celebrate the dedication of the bridge and to honor and commemorate the service of Dale Gardner, and our local veterans who are the namesakes of our historic new landmark.
Father’s Day Weekend, June 16th and 17th will be the focus of all the celebratory events and activities. This will also be Savanna’s annual alumni weekend which will bring many former classmates and residents back to Savanna to participate in the festivities.
Highlights of the weekend include:
1. Exhibits and programs at the Savanna Historical Society
2. A traveling exhibit known as the Journey to Tomorrow from NASA’s Glenn Research
3. A Veterans Parade honoring our local veterans with floats, marching bands and veteran dignitaries
4. Veteran Memorial Ceremony in Marquette Park honoring our deceased veterans
5. Bridge Dedication Ceremony in Marquette Park featuring Governors Rauner & Reynolds, Senators Duckworth & Ernst, Three former NASA Astronauts, One current NASA Astronaut, State Commanders of the VFW & American Legion, The Navy Great Lakes Marching Band, and members of Dale Gardner’s family
6. The unveiling of the Bridge Dedication Plaque designed by Alan St. George
7. River boat lunch and dinner cruises offered by the American Lady on Father’s Day
8. And weather-permitting, a Fly-Over!
Please come out to celebrate with your veteran friends and acquaintances this Father’s Day Weekend and participate in the Bridge Dedication & Veterans Memorial Celebration. With your help and participation we can make this a once in a lifetime event for our communities.
NOTE: Bridge Celebration Brochures are posted at Mest Manor and Maple Lane that indicate specific times and locations for the scheduled events throughout the weekend.