Featured post

Important News

Waiting Lists Open for Families, Elderly, Disabled, or Involuntary Displaced

The Carroll County Housing Authority (CCHA) is only accepting applications from persons that are families, elderly, disabled, or displaced by a natural or government action for its Low Income Public Housing waiting lists.

Application Information Must Be Current and Up to Date

It is important to the application process that all your information is correct and up to date at all times. If anything changes, (i.e. mailing address, email address, household members) you must contact the Carroll County Housing Authority in writing to have your application updated and reflect such changes. Send all notifications of changes to pattyaccha@grics.net.

Holiday Schedule

Attached is Carroll County Housing Authority’s 2018 holiday schedule. Click here for a list of days our offices will be closed for holidays in 2018.

October Happenings

What Where When
Tenant Meetings Mest Manor October 11th @ 10:00am & 2:30pm
Board Games/Card Club Mest Manor October 13th @ 6:30pm
BINGO Mest Manor October 15th @ 1:00pm
Regular Board Meeting Maple Lane Community Room October 17th @ 2:00pm
Tenant Meeting Maple Lane October 18th @ 2:30pm
Blues, Blahs & Bouncing Back Mest Manor October 22nd @ 10:30am
BINGO Mest Manor October 29th @ 1:00pm
8th Annual Halloween Bash Mest Manor October 31st @ 12:30pm


8th Annual CCHA Halloween Bash

Ghouls, Goblins, and Witches too…we are having our 8th Annual CCHA Halloween Bash and inviting you. Something’s a brewing, and it will certainly be ghoulishly fun…a wicked good time for everyone. We will be serving up refreshments and witches brew…wear your costume, there will be prizes too!

So fly on over to our Haunted Mest Manor for a creepy afternoon of food, fun, games, and a little fear….Halloween night is drawing near! Please R.S.V.P. to the office by Wednesday, October 24th.

DATE:  Wednesday, October 31st  

TIME:  12:30 P.m. – 2:00 p.m.

LOCATION:  Haunted Mest Manor (Dining Room)


Blues, Blahs, and Bouncing Back

The University of Illinois Extension office will be offering a complimentary healthy living program exclusively for our Carroll County Housing Authority residents. Please join University of Illinois Educator, Karla Belzer, for an open discussion about Blues, Blahs, and Bouncing Back for adults.

            DATE:  Monday, October 22, 2018

            TIME:  10:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. (Noon)

            LOCATION:   Mest Manor Dining Room (525 Third Street)

We all certainly experience times of sadness or grief throughout the course of our lives. If we occasionally have a “blue” day or feel down in the dumps, that is normal. But when the down feelings last a long time and are more severe than just feeling blue, then we need to find out the underlying cause and get help. This workshop will discuss the differences between the everyday blues and depression, tips to help bounce back from occasional blues, and how to help others through these times.