The Illinois Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is designed to assist eligible low income households pay for winter energy services. LIHEAP will provide a one-time benefit to eligible households to be used for energy bills.
Effective October 1, 2019, Tri-County Opportunities Council will be completing LIHEAP applications at their office (located at 1801 Chicago Avenue, Savanna, IL) for the following individuals: Elderly (62 or older), and Disabled. For further information, please contact Freddie at our local Tri-County Opportunities Council office at (815) 273-0318.
However, a Tri-County representative will graciously be at both our Mest Manor, and Maple Lane sites to complete the applications for our Carroll County Housing Authority residents on Friday, October 4, 2019. If you would like to schedule an appointment for this date only (10/4/19), please call (815-273-7081), or stop by the CCHA office to sign up, and pick up the required paperwork. Available times at Mest Manor will be from 9:00 a.m. – Noon, and from 1:00pm – 2:00 p.m. at Maple Lane.
Please note, the required paperwork you will need to bring to your appointment is as follows:
- Social Security Card for everyone in home
- Proof of ALL household gross income for the past 30 days
- Current electric bill (not the disconnection notice)
- Medical cards and link cards for everyone in the home (if received)
- Statements of financial help received for your household
- Proof of subsidized housing